Monday 5 May 2014

Business Card Case Design


To make my business cards more unique, I wanted to design a simple but effective case that they could be carried in. Through online research, I was led to a blog 'D.I.Y or Don't' (click on image below for link to site) which demonstrated how a simple envelope could be designed to hold a business card.

 http://diyordont.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/tutorial-business-card-envelopes.html
http://diyordont.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/tutorial-business-card-envelopes.html

A template was provided which could be printed on the back of some printed paper to make a fun and interesting case like these:

D.I.Y or Don't's personalised envelopes

Template with instructions

From this, I thought it would be a great idea to create my own patterned paper in Photoshop using my simple logo design.

Personalised patterned paper

I then followed the instructions on how to make the envelope, cut and mounted the two sides of the business card onto card with spray mount. Et volia!

Here is the final product:

Final Designs


Of course, the business cards would ideally be printed professionally which will be done at some point in the future. For now, my business cards are elegant, simple, informative and provide the client with a snapshot of my work. A very successful design indeed!










No comments:

Post a Comment